Looking for a durable and aesthetically pleasing replacement for an old leaking skylight? With over 40 years of experience in replacing failing and aging skylights, Bellevue Roofing Company has earned their reputation as skylight replacement specialists.
Serving Seattle’s Eastside from Kirkland to Redmond to Mercer Island to Samammish, we’re the stress-free solution for installing your new skylight.
Our skylights of choice are Tam and CrystaLite. Both are manufactured here in the Pacific NW and known for their high quality and durable performance.
Visit our previous post on CrystaLite to learn more about their features and we’ll cover Tam in this post.
Tam company history
Started in 1970, Tam is a family run business located in Seattle. Their goal is to build rugged yet beautiful skylights that stand up to our often stormy and wet weather.
3 types of skylights
- Fixed glass-most popular model
- Operable glass
- Structural glass
There are many standard sizes to match any roof line. If you need a size that’s not standard, they offer custom sizes so whatever your needs, they’ve got you covered.
Features of Tam skylights
Once you install a skylight, you want one that’s going to last and not develop problems after a few years. Tam skylights are built to last. Here’s a rundown of the features found on all Tam skylights.
Anodized aluminum outer frame
- TIG welded corners for strength and to prevent leaks
- Bronze or clear anodized finish
- Anodized aluminum finish resists corrosion & color won’t fade peel or crack
PVC vinyl frames
- Fusion welded corners prevents water leakage
- Energy efficient
- No condensation or sweating
- White interior finish
- UV (ultraviolet) stabilized for durability
- Maintenance and scratch-free-never have to be repainted
Skylights that open increase ventilation and improve air quality. They have additional features, such as a removable bug screen in the PVC vinyl frame. Each has double pane tempered safety glass that is dual-sealed so moisture doesn’t get between the panes.
Several glass choices
- Low-E glass-argon gas filled for highest efficiency & filters out harmful UV rays
- Laminated glass-meets certain building codes, reduces noise, filters out 99 % of UV rays
- Frosted white or clear obscured glass-privacy & softer lighting
- Custom colored glass or designs available
Manual or electric opening
A manual chain opening is standard on all operable models and extension poles can be purchased for skylights in out of reach areas. If you prefer, an electric motor is available with a rain sensor and remote control.
Whatever your skylight needs, we can install a Tam or CrystaLite product that looks great and lasts for many years. Contact Keith at Bellevue Roofing Company for your free estimate on a skylight replacement.